Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Love: Sweet Sorrow

I do not write about love often, It's so complicated and i have being through a roller coaster of emotions due to the concept of....or rather my idea of love.

There is something so tragically beautiful about love. I say tragic because when we read about love or watch movies about love, it is always a tragic tale and if at the end of the poem/movie the lovers end up together, there will be a great deal of compromise and hurdle jumping and it is just not a love story without a pint of tragedy.

I read a poem in high school, i don't remember much of it now but i remember a particular line that bugged me, it goes "Oh sweet sorrow". I know it is a part of speech but there is something so right about the phrase. Growing up, it makes so much sense now. This how i see love, as a sweet sorrow. It is beautiful and comfortable and what not but at the same time, it is the one thing that can hurt you in ways you do not image.

I told my friend today about having writers block and when i was heart broken, the words sipped through the cracks of my broken heart and spilled onto my keyboard. I told him i miss that, i miss the pain....he did threaten to hit me(of course it was a joke) for saying that but i think it makes sense. The most addictive things are emotions, like for real, this is straight up psychology i am talking and believe me, there is something sweet about pain that makes you hang on to it. If you are me, years after, you still keep reeling back to that exact same spot where your hurt radar went through the sky. It is sweet sorrow. It's like having a paper cut and sprinkling salt on it, at the same time that it hurts, it's kind of soothing.

Love is not a bad thing, if anything, it is the best thing in this dark twisted world. But the whole falling in love idea knowing nothing lasts forever just puts a damper on the whole concept. I do not think there is one person who fell in love and found out that it was smooth sailing calm seas...lol. NO.

Fall in love at the risk of your own tragic tale. I am not being sadistic here or bitter. I am just saying, i do not want to leave myself open to the chance that i will be hurt...no, i don't want to do that. I want friends who would stick by me, through cool waters and turbulent skies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment