Saturday, March 21, 2015

Book Review(3): Norwegian Wood-Haruki Murakami

First of all, i felt like i held my breath all through reading this book. I sort of binge read it all in a day and when i was through i had to sit a bit to catch my breath. It literally left me breathless, i am still reeling from the after-effects.

Norwegian wood was such a journey for me, it was a severely depressing book i have to say but i think that is the most attractive thing about it (apart from the fact that it is set in my favorite country in the world. TOKYO-JAPAN). It found a way to creep under my skin and make my eyes widen in amazement with each twist. Thing is, i am not a big fan of translated books because i strongly believe the writers words get lost in translation but this book, it was so good that to be honest, i can't imagine it any better in any other language. It used language and words that chilled the reader. You can't help but get emotionally involved with the characters, it's like Murakami is calling out to the reader and the characters are screaming "see me, feel me" and feel/see i did.
It is a bit of a sad love story and there is so much to learn from this book, i picked up so new interests from it and learned several things about classical music. Haruki Murakami is amazing, this is his first book that i have read and i am goin to read After the Quake next which i think is a collection of short stories. I expect to be blown away just as Norwegian Wood rocked my boat.

Yes to sappy love stories.

xoxo
Sayonara

0 comments:

Post a Comment