Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mirror

Mirror

I am afraid to look in the mirror because the eyes that stare back at me scare me
breathless. The emptiness they hold and the glassy darkness that sparkle like
glitters are not what i know. My reflection follows me like the clouds move with
the sky. I walked home yesterday and i tried to out run my shadow but it seemes
faster than me and it chased me home.
Sometimes i wonder when i die if you'll miss me. Oh yes you'll update your
facebook status and you will post it on twitter but will you truly miss me? for
how long will you keep your facebook status on? your next tweet would probably
not be about me. When i die,i want you to remember me by my conduct. I want you
to hear my name and smile and remember all the good i have done.
When you look at me, i hope you see my smile,i hope you notice my honesty, don't
stare at my color,yes it's black, and yes i'm human but i doubt you'll see that,
you wonder if i'll stab you coz i'm black and so i'm gangsta.Oh ye with mediocre
mind, do not mirror me black.
Walk with me before you judge me, do not judge me from my cover. Do not judge me
from what you've heard. If you don't know me, you have no right to judge me.
When next you stand infront of the mirror, stare at the man behind the mirror.
stare him dead cold in the eyes and tell him "This is not me", walk away and make
a change. Next time you look in the mirror, i hope you like what you see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment